Listen as Jeff Nischwitz and Craig Mathews explore the concept of tolerance.
No, not the idea of being more tolerant of people and differences, but the many ways that we tolerate things and people to the detriment of our businesses, teams, outcomes, relationships and life experiences.
Jeff and Craig will explore the many layers of this life truth:
“Your leadership, culture and impact is not defined by what you preach, but by what and who you tolerate.”
Listen in as Jeff and Craig share many examples of the ways that tolerance limits our outcomes and bring more awareness to the depth and range of the impacts of our tolerance.
The Leadership Junkies Podcast is brought to you by Cardivera.com.
- Differentiating tolerance of differences from tolerance of behaviors
- The truth that your tolerance factor is the key element in the ways that people experience your values and priorities
- We not only tolerate behavior, situations and people, but we also tolerate things within ourselves (self-tolerance)
- The many faces of excuses (“reasons”) we use to justify our tolerances
- The relationship between empathy and reducing tolerance
- Real business examples of tolerance and its impact
- Every day relationship examples of tolerance and its impact
- The may whys of our tolerances
- The importance of getting clear on what and who you’re tolerating
- The reality of tolerance blind spots
- The Tolerance Assessment process and its role in helping you to make more conscious tolerance decisions
- A power question to use in communicating with people who are benefitting from tolerance (e.g. “Do you think it’s fair that ….?”)