Are you struggling to find your true path in your career? Do you want to craft a career that you love? Are you looking for ways to live a more conscious, intentional and fulfilling career?
Our special guest Dr. Benjamin Ritter answers these and other questions about leadership, career design and crafting a job you love from a job you have.
Dr. Benjamin Ritter, founder of Live for Yourself (LFY) Consulting is a leadership and career coach, L&D director, values geek, international speaker, podcaster, author, mentor, and passionate about guiding others in finding, creating, and sustaining a career they love.
With over 10 years of experience coaching working with clients from companies such as Amazon, Coursera, Doordash, Google, Fiserv, Northwestern, Pinterest, Segment, Twilio, and Yelp, Ben understands how to navigate any career path you decide you want to travel.
During his time as a healthcare executive and side hustling entrepreneur he was overworked and under-utilized, and despite his professional success didn’t feel successful. After much introspection he pivoted professionally and launched himself into the field of leadership development and personal empowerment.
Since launching his coaching practice he has guided hundreds of professionals toward creating the career they love and has impacted thousands through his events and media content.
The Leadership Junkies Podcast is brought to you by Cardivera.com.
- Embracing curiosity in exploring your career path
- Leaders must ask their people what they want their career path to look like
- Career growth is not always about finding a new job, but recrafting your job where you are
- Workforce realities around career desires, career paths and key questions to ask your people
- Redefining career growth and what constitutes a normal career
- Changes in the ways people see work and career
- What it means to craft a job from the job you have
- Understanding the three C’s of self-leadership: 1. Clarity; 2. Confidence; 3. Control
- Role of corporate culture and values in career decisions
- Getting clear on your dream companies
- Importance of integrating your work life and your personal life relative to your career
- Rethinking your career by rethinking your life and priorities
- Natural curiosity and passion will naturally create opportunities
- Strategies for interviewing the companies you want to work for
- Exploring entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship
- The value of building reflection into your day
- Strategies to advance your career
- Importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in organizations and with team members
- Understanding humanistic leadership – people are people and they’re not their work
- The reality that everyone has a story and we don’t know it (empathy)
- “The most important leader is the one that’s inside you.”