Do you struggle with your habits? Are you clear in who you are and your personal life vision and values? Do you want to build habits that will empower your life and your leadership? Our special guest Tamsin Astor is here to answer these and many other questions about the power of habits to transform your life experience and impact.
Tamsin Astor, PhD is the founder and Chief Habit Scientist of Yoga Brained Coaching. She is known for giving her clients the tools to shift their mindset, organize their vision, and improve their habits to create an efficient, productive business.
In addition to her coaching and consulting practice, Tamsin is an avid traveler and foodie taking her three kids to Brazil, France, England, Amsterdam, Japan, Costa Rica and beyond because she believes travel helps breed tolerance and cultivates gratitude and reflection as you observe how other cultures operate and make choices.
Tamsin Astor holds a PhD in neuroscience and psychology and a post-doctorate in education. She also has certifications in yoga (RYT500, Yoga Ed.), mindset & Ayurveda (Living Ayurveda, Yoga Health Coach). She is an executive coach and author of the book Force of Habit: Unleash Your Power by Developing Great Habits.
Listen in as Tamsin shares her wisdom and experience on healthy living and empowering your life through habits.
The Impact Leadership Podcast is brought to you by Cardivera, the leadership development eco-system that helps you grow your people, grow your business and grow your life.
- The importance of rituals and habits in creating your day and life
- The role of a chief habit scientist
- The essentials of Ayurveda and daily choices based upon it
- Key elements and impacts of sleep
- The importance of vulnerability in leadership
- Failure as a vital part of a success path
- The importance of being clear on your personal vision and values
- Empowerment through disruption
- The role of your three selves in your life journey
- What’s the big juicy vision you have for your life?
- Understanding the psycho cybernetic loop
- Words have power – using words to empower yourself
- Differently understanding habits and their power to change your experiences and outcomes
- Three parts of habits: 1. Cue (triggers the habit); 2. Behavior (action); 3. Reward
- Understanding habits versus willpower
- Five key cues for habits
- Tools for creating healthy habits
- The process of creating new habits (and how long it takes to create them)
- The habit of busyness
- Three different kinds of isolation
- Change is often driven by enough pain