Do you struggle with speaking in front of groups? Are you the effective communicator you want to be as a leader? Do you want to be more effective and impactful with your communication, presentations and persuasion?
Our special guest Jess Todtfeld answers these and other questions about leadership, business speaking, presentations and impactful communication.
Jess Todtfeld is a Guinness World Record holder in a communications category for interviewing the most times in 24 hours on radio … 112 different radio stations. So Jess knows a thing or two about communication. What was he talking about? “Business Speaking” … not public speaking but “Business Speaking.” This is something every leader needs to master.
Jess is the Founder of Media Ambassadors, a group of vetted experts that the media go to for interviews. He also helps leaders with speaker training, media training and access to their Lead Generation Mastermind.
The Leadership Junkies Podcast is brought to you by Cardivera.com.
- Realities and solutions for the fear of public speaking
- Taking advantage of the daily opportunities to grow your communication skills and confidence (stand up to speak up)
- Important role of preparing for you speaking / presentation opportunities
- Challenges of winging it in business speaking
- Beware of underpreparing for presentations
- Embrace the value of saying it out loud and using video to learn and improve
- The standard formula for all business speaking
- Perils of Power Point
- Be a storyteller in your business speaking
- Empower your business speaking by using questions to allow your audience to have their own aha moments
- Power of afformations
- Parenting as a leadership role
- Leadership development in the Scouts
- Leadership includes trying things different ways to learn, grow and develop
- Embracing the natural storyteller in your
- Four levels of business speaking impact: 1. Understand; 2. Memorable; 3. Action; 4. Pass on to others
- Overcoming your fears with business speaking
- Don’t fake it until you make it – act it and become it
- Embrace mistakes as a great learning tool
- Ideas to prepare your children to overcome fears of public speaking
- Lessons from Grandma – Always Be Learning
- Amplify your growth by amplifying your book reading