Are you looking to build community in your business? Do you want to create a psychologically safe work environment for your team? Are you committed to building a culture of curiosity?
Our special guest Lauren Yee answers these and other questions about leadership, curiosity and building cultures of psychological safety.
Lauren Yee is known as the Cultivator of Curiosity and is a Founder of This Us Now, a professional education company that empowers people and organizations to work with better information and more joy. Lauren is a process-driven problem solver, who believes that curiosity, consistency and connections are the greatest drivers of great things.
Before becoming a facilitator and speaker, she helped build and grow the largest LEGO-inspired STEM company in the United States. She’s worked with the Golden State Warriors, Google, Southwest Airlines and Workday helping them to build community, establish inclusivity and create psychologically safe work environments where staff can play, thrive, and “adult like a kid.”
The Leadership Junkies Podcast is brought to you by Cardivera.com.
- What does it mean to adult like a kid (adulting like a kid)
- Understanding Lego-inspired learning experiences
- The power of curiosity in leadership, innovation and life
- Ways and reasons we’ve lost our sense of curiosity
- The many layers of curiosity
- Changing team realities after COVID
- The importance and impact of cultures of psychological safety in the workplace
- Changing perspectives and conversations about mistakes and failure
- The importance of living your values
- Making it okay to not be okay in the workplace
- Getting beyond the conversation where everyone is “fine”
- Changing our questions to elicit more vulnerable answers
- Leadership modeling by answering questions first
- Putting curiosity and fun into action through your questions
- Creating cultures of psychological safety is not about caretaking your people
- Leadership lessons from the movie Sister Act II
Co-Founder and Cultivator of Curiosity of This Us Now, a professional education company that empowers people and organizations to work with better information and more joy
Author, speaker, coach, consultant, and
Chief SHIFT Officer of Cardivera
Strategist, innovator, consultant, and
CEO of Cardivera
Leave A Comment