Are you intrigued by what history can teach us about leadership? Do you wonder how different Presidents would navigate today’s challenges? Are you committed to more deeply understanding leadership and history?
Our special guest Jason Voiovich answers these and other questions about leadership, Presidential history, and leadership lessons from our Presidents.
In a career that spans more than 25 years, Jason Voiovich has launched hundreds of new products – everything from medical devices, to virtual healthcare systems, to non-dairy consumer cheese, to next-generation alternatives to the dreaded “cone of shame” for pets, to sex aides for cows (really!).
He’s a graduate of both the University of Wisconsin and the University of Minnesota, and he has completed post-graduate studies at the MIT Sloan School of Management. His formal training has been invaluable, but he credits his true success to growing up in a family of artists, immigrants, and entrepreneurs. They taught him how to carefully observe the world, see patterns before others notice them, and use those insights to create new innovations.
History is Jason’s favorite way to observe the world. No surprise that Jason’s book is titled Marketer in Chief: How Each President Sold the American Idea. He believes that the people from the past have plenty to teach us about the challenges and opportunities we face today.
The Leadership Junkies Podcast is brought to you by Cardivera.com.
- Connecting the dots between history, history lessons and leadership
- Risk tolerance, innovation and leadership
- Understanding the context of historical leadership relative to today
- Best leaders are curious about everything including people
- Curiosity – innate or developed
- Curiosity is the foundation of empathy
- Modern day leadership lessons from Napoleon
- Realities of situational leadership
- Separating success from great leadership
- Understanding the evolving role of the President of the United States including as Chief Communicator
- Understanding the leadership of Abraham Lincoln in the context of the times
- Role of empathy in leadership
- Examples of innovation and creativity by Presidents
- Leadership lessons of Ben Franklin
- Realities of trust issues in the Presidency
- Importance of reading history based upon historical scholarship
- Best leaders ask the best / better questions to inspire others to action
- Jason Voiovich
- Jason Voiovich Website
- Marketer in Chief Website
- Marketer in Chief: How Each President Sold the American Idea Book by Jason Voiovich
- The Leadership Junkies Podcast
Author of Marketer in Chief: How Each President Sold the American Idea
Author, speaker, coach, consultant, and
Chief SHIFT Officer of Cardivera
Strategist, innovator, consultant, and
CEO of Cardivera
Leave A Comment