Do you care about your people and do they know it? Are you looking for strategies and tactics to build trust with your team? Are you committed to being a servant and people first leader? Our special guest Robert “Bo” Brabo is here to answer these and many other questions about values-based leadership and being a leader that people want to follow.
Today, Bo Brabo is an inspirational keynote speaker, career / leadership / executive coach, and business consultant. Throughout his life and career, Bo has always focused on the people, helping them tackle their problems as if they were his own.
An acclaimed leader, Bo has a storied career – from his years on the military battlefield, to a decade in the White House as a Presidential Communications Officer for President George W. Bush and President Barack Obama, and to his experiences as a corporate executive and a small business owner. Bob offers real, raw, front-row stories about values-based leadership and how to be, know, and DO better.
Listen in as Bo shares his wisdom and experience on values-based and people first leadership.
The Impact Leadership Podcast is brought to you by Cardivera, the leadership development eco-system that helps you grow your people, grow your business and grow your life.
- The most important thing in leadership – care about your people
- Caring about your people means knowing about your people (and not just at work)
- The opportunity for HR leaders to help grow a business
- Bringing humanity into the workplace and leadership
- The confidence crisis in leadership
- What it means to be a values-based leader
- Values-based interviewing strategies
- The importance of being clear on what it takes to be a high performer
- Strategies for developing your people and team members
- The importance of providing feedback based upon values
- People focused leadership from military leadership
- The vital role of trust (and trust building) in leadership and teams
- Simple strategies and tactics to build a strong team, trust and engagement
- The little things of great leadership including self-awareness
- The important role of after action discussions and review in business
- Shifting the focus of feedback to what can be better next time (more than what went wrong)
- Leadership perspectives inside the White House
- High performing teams are based upon trust
- Foundational core values from the Army for any organization
- The importance of being clear on what values represent in action