Are you thinking about launching a podcast? Are you wondering whether a podcast is right for you? Are you hosting a podcast and looking for ways to enhance the quality, reach and impact of your podcast? Our special guest Elzie Flenard (known as The Mayor of Podcast Town) answers these and other questions about podcasts and podcasting.
Elzie Flenard is our first guest to talk about podcast and he’s been described as creative, entrepreneur, family man and “no box fits him.” Elzie is known as a storyteller and he helps businesses find their voice. An electrical engineer by training, he’s launched a record label, owned a minor league basketball team, started a music production company, and wrote his first song when he was five.
Listen in as Elzie shares his wisdom and experience on the who, what and why of podcasts and podcasting, including some of the keys to podcast success in a crowded world of podcasting.
The Impact Leadership Podcast is brought to you by Cardivera, the leadership development eco-system that helps your grow your people, grow your business and grow your life.
In this episode you’ll learn…
- Podcasts are a great way to add value and build relationships, as well as a way to find your voice and get your message out to the masses
- If you want to start a podcast, hire a podcast coach to avoid mistakes and enhance your efforts
- It’s vital to have a podcast strategy
- If you’re a business or in business, you need to be “in the podcast space in some form” (e.g. host, sponsor, advertise, etc.)
- Start with your why when it comes to a podcast with two or three key KPI’s (measurables) and goals
- Ways to differentiate and stand out in the sea of podcasts (niching is always a good idea)
- Your goals need to define your key measures
- Podcast titles are important but not the most important thing
- Key podcast stumbles – not planning, poor quality, planning for pre-production, production and post-production, not paying attention to the marketing aspects of their podcast
- Key podcast marketing and promotion strategies (your email list is gold and must be an exclusive podcast list)
- You must answer the question, “Why do you want to do this podcast?”
- Podcasts can be a lead generator, but we careful to do it the right way
- Beware the podfade (when you get overwhelmed with a podcast)
- It’s never too early to outsource your podcast needs (especially if it’s outside your likes and skillsets)
- Essential to have a long-term goal and strategy for your podcast (podcasts are typically a long game)
- Questions to ask when considering whether to join a podcast network
- Elzie Flendard (email@example.com / 262-278-0535)
- Podcast Town
- E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It book by Michael Gerber
- The Impact Leadership Podcast
The Mayor of Podcast Town, serial entrepreneur and podcast guru
Author, speaker, coach, consultant, and
Chief SHIFT Officer of Cardivera
Strategist, innovator, consultant, and
CEO of Cardivera
Leave A Comment