Are you looking to better understand DEI and ways to build a more inclusive culture? Do you want to be an inclusive leader? Are you looking for tools to activate your inclusive leadership?
Our special guest Vivian Acquah answers these and other questions about leadership, diversity, equity, inclusion, and workplace wellness.
Vivian Acquah is the Founder of Viva la Vive, which helps leaders and managers keep their team members engaged, energized, and safe in a sustainable manner.
As a multicultural and multi-passionate human being, she inspires and empowers people to be their best selves.
Becoming a mother inspired Vivian to shift from being a Finance/ IT consultant to becoming a workplace wellness & Amplify DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) advocate. She made a promise to her son Orlando (2013) to help make the world a better place by creating thriving workplaces for EVERYONE. This is a promise not only to him and his generation but also for future generations.
As an inclusive Workplace Wellness Advocate, Vivian Acquah is making topics related to workplace wellness and DEI accessible to everyone. She provides people with the right tools, at the right time, to embrace inclusive changes. Vivian motivates people to think consciously and inspires them to take action
The Leadership Junkies Podcast is brought to you by Cardivera.com.
- The realities of toxic, bullying workplaces and strategies to transform these cultures
- Understanding the connection between workplace wellness and DEI
- Realities of raising a bi-racial child in a racist world
- Integrating the social justice conversation in your workplace
- DEI needs to be a conversation for everyone in an organization (not just certain departments)
- What it means to amplify DEI in your organization
- DEI must be activated with leadership action
- Understanding DEI in your organization through the lense of a carrot cake
- Failure to embrace DEI will cost you people, business, revenue and profits
- Redefining what it means to get the “best people” with a DEI foundation
- Different approaches to recruiting and interviewing people with a DEI mindset
- What it means to sponsor people of difference to the next level and to bring them into new places
- What it means to build a culture of inclusive humanization in the workplace
- Ways that external stakeholders are driving DEI change in organizations
- DEI is a movement, not a PR campaign
- The many ways that diversity wins in the workplace
- Ways that focusing on all diversity (e.g. diversity of thought) can get in the way of building a diverse and inclusive workplace
- The role of intersectionality in DEI and real change
- The importance of nurturing a culture of psychological safety
- Key things we need to unlearn in order to move DEI forward
- Role of self-leadership (self education) with inclusive leadership
- What it means to activate your inclusive leadership
- Essential role of leadership vulnerability and empathy in DEI change
- Everyday tools for building a more inclusive culture